Saturday, April 21, 2007

New Blogger Hits the Web

Hello my friends. Mark asked me to join once before and I did not respond. I didn't want to have to send out a second apology to him, so I am trying my hand at this blogging thing. I must admit that when I left PHS I was happy to go and really wasn't sure if I ever wanted to see anyone from high school again. It was really unfortunate that I let the hurtful things of a few overshadow all the good things that transpired during those years of my life. I owe a debt of gratitude to a lot of people at PHS, even those who in their stupidity and need to make themselves feel better hurt me through their actions and words, because it is the whole of my experience that has made me who I am today. I hope that through this website I can rekindle some friendships that have been lost to time.

My life today is filled mainly with my work. I am a research scientist at the University of Washington in the Department of Health Services. My area of research is quality of life. I mainly look at how having a chronic condition (such as a craniofacial anomaly or Tourette syndrome to name a couple) impact the lives of youth with these potentially stigmatizing conditions. On most days I absolutely love my work, although on those days when nothing seems to be going right and I am feeling completely overwhelmed I wonder why I am doing this work. My favorite project right now is one that I am in the process of planning with colleagues throughout the US. The project is a multimedia social skills training program to help youth with facial differences learn how to better utilize their social skills in situations where they feel they are being discriminated against. I am probably very passionate about this project, because it is one that I think can help these youth feel good about themselves when others are trying to put them down.


Tari

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Dixie Hunt said...

Mark and I just recently hooked up and he invited me to join those blogging in the name of PHS. I have recently been in touch with other friends that went to PHS and this is great. First off Tari if I am one of those that made life miserable for you at PHS or PJH I publicly apologize to you and hope you will accept my humble heart felt apology.
My profile can be viewed by all and it will bring you up to date on where I am and what I have been doing.
I too was working on a degree when I was told that it would not get me anymore money nor a higher paying position at Edwards AFB. In a few years I had all ready reached the level I would have started at had I come in with a degree. How interesting I found that. I decided I didn't need to waste my time then and would instead spend more time with my boys. I have three sons of who I am very proud of. Of course 3 grandkids that are just beautiful and a wonderful husband. You just can't ask for more than that. We moved to Tucson, about 4 years ago in order to be closer to the grandkids. My husband and I are activily involved in church. He has been a music director for years and I decided to learn to play the organ in order to help him. We sing once in awhile as well. I have had an on going puppet ministry which when active I will take into hospitals, nursing homes, etc. to perform. When just one sick child smiles at the performance it makes it all worthwhile.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tari said...

cast.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tari said...

Hi Dixie,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to post. Thank you for the apology, but you were not one of the ones that hurt me. When I look back on our little tiff over Mike I laugh. I am sure that we were just two young girls trying to feel grown up.

I am very happy to hear that you are involved in church. I know that for me my faith is so important to me. I love praising Jesus and until recently sang on the worship team at work. For now I am the team leader of our adult Sunday School program and teach so that is taking up what spare time I have.

I would love to see you. My husband and I are going to be in Arizona the end of May. Email me at my personal account. You can get that information from Mark as I don't want to post it here because I hate spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home