Monday, July 03, 2006

And the geeks crawl out of the woodwork

I'm Jerry Trowbridge (PHS'69), and I was one of the easy targets for Mark Baird, because I've been around computers since the early 80s, and around the Internet since 1994. So Mark's biggest hurdle in getting my attention was finding a valid email address for me (I've retired a few of them because of spam.) I'm pretty much wired 24/7.

A couple of quick notes:

Maybe you remember the time capsule we interred in senior square? Well it was opened a few years ago; water had infiltrated and destroyed everything inside. It was replaced by paver bricks with people's names on them. I'm on one of them (thanks to my best friend Stan Kelton (PHS'70)), but when they engraved it, they shortened Jolly Roger Record Editor to Jolly Roger Editor. What a great way to get a retroactive promotion. My apologies to the real editors.

I'm in Palm Beach County, Florida now, and am heavily involved in the Internet and alternative media. If you're into net video or have a portable video player, you can see what we're up to at Walkie-Lookie. I also have my own blog where I vent my spleen about liberal politics.

3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger MarkB said...

I heard about the bricks (I didn't buy one tho,if I ever want one I figure I can just go back to my old neighborhood and look for broken store windows) but I'd not heard of the destruction of the time capsule contents...anybody remember what all was in there?

Speaking of the 'record' (the one Mr.Trowbridge wrote,produced,directed etc for the '69' yearbook)you wouldn't happen to have an internet compatible version lying around?
PHS '71' grad Tim O'Boyle has a site PHS Page that had a 'real audio 'recording of it, but it doesn't appear to be available anymore.BTW the page has a counter,and there have been 2,293 downloads ( or attempts, anyway).
If we had a downloadable version,perhaps we could upload it to a free hosting site like Hyperupload.com (just a thought)

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger PBCliberal said...

I had the master but the roof collapsed at our offices during Hurricane Frances, and I think it may have been lost along with a lot of other memorabilia.

We're still not fully recovered here from the damage from that storm and two subsequent ones, but I'll keep an eye out for either the master tape or a wayward copy of the disk, and capture and code an mp3 if I find it, but that may take a few months.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger MarkB said...

Back in '77-78' while residing in Paramount,I loaned my junior and senior yearbooks (69) to Charleen Ruth, who went to Paramount Junior High,(but not PHS),I moved to Artesia in '78' and a few years later when I couldn't locate my yearbooks, I assumed that she forgot to return them..I went over 20 years thinking that was the case, then the books showed up, and I even had the record...I just recently moved again so I gotta hunt down the box.What would be the best way to record from it to a PC? (the record, not the box)
BTW, Joe Teasley, if you're out there, I somehow wound up with your yearbook, too tho sans record(Joe lived next door back in 77)
Jerry talked about me hunting him down...there were several Jerry Trowbridges alright when I wound up at the Walkie-Lookie site, I was pretty sure that this JT was the one I was looking for, then when I read, on their forum login page link for retrieving your passwords, "My dog ate my password", I knew it was the right JT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home